- Intel Dual-Core Processor.
- 2GB of DDR-2 RAM
- 8GB Flash IDE disc module.
- 2 channels line level balanced inputs OR 2 channel mic/instrument inputs.
- 2 channels line level unbalanced outputs.
- Passive mix mode for connecting external CD or MP3 player, drum machine, etc.
- Front panel headphone output.
- Full Size MIDI input.
- Four USB ports.
- VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins.
- Phantom power.
- Dedicated mic/instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters.
- Ethernet port.
- New, two channel "DUO HOST" VST plug-in host environment running on Linux.
- SoundFinder preset structure for easy selection of presets, "Advanced mode" for using as a normal RECEPTOR.
- A variety of essential high quality keyboard sounds are included.
- Peavey ReValver HP guitar amplifier modeling software.
- Assortment of effects, including Reverb and Chorus.
- RECEPTOR Remote control for control from a computer.
- MuseControl software interface for controlling individual plug-in GUIs.
Is it an effects processor? A sound module? A synthesizer? How about an amp modeler? A virtual piano? Or a killer e-drum kit?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!
The super portable, super flexible MuseBox Musical Instrument and Effects Box from Muse Research and Development uses virtual instruments and effects technology
in a brand new way, so you can easily take them to your rehearsals, gigs, to the practice room, or to the studio. Using technology derived from its powerful
big brother, the award-winning RECEPTOR Hardware Plug-in Player, this compact 2U half rack design is ultimately
portable, incredibly versatile, and built for the road.
The key to MuseBox is its custom software environment that takes computer technology and turns it into a musical instrument that works in any musical situation for any kind of musician. Now you can harness the world's best sounding virtual instruments and most versatile, tone-laden effects and take them anywhere – and everywhere.
It's Anything You Want It To Be
MuseBox features incredibly flexible I/O, with front panel guitar and microphone inputs, MIDI, and USB. So you can play through it, sing through it, process your keyboards, play along to backing tracks, and of course, create lush keyboard sounds with your MIDI controller. Guitarists can use it to run their favorite amp modeling software, multi-effects libraries and more. Singers can enhance their vocals with reverb, compression, de-essing and pitch correction in real time. Keyboardists can run virtual pianos and delicious sounding virtual instruments with super-low latency and superb stability.
Sounds Great Right Out Of The Box
MuseBox comes pre-loaded. Simply turn it on, press the PLAY button, select the sound of your choice and off you go into the superior
sounding world of virtual instruments and effects. It's got all the "meat and potatoes" keyboards to cut any gig.
Guitarists will dig Peavey's ReValver HP Guitar Amp Modeler for killer sounds. And of course there is an ample supply of
essential effects, including Reverbs and Chorus.
Find Sounds Fast
MuseBox's SoundFinder preset architecture lets you quickly sort through hundreds of presets to find the sound you are looking for...
and it automatically adds new presets as you add additional virtual instruments and effects to the MuseBox.
Easy And Intuitive
You'll find MuseBox easy to use right from the get-go. Our front panel allows quick and intuitive access to whatever you have loaded in your MuseBox,
so you can call up sounds, tweak parameters, edit effects chains, whatever you need.
Is MuseBox just a small RECEPTOR?
One of the primary differences between MuseBox and Receptor is that MuseBox is a closed platform. Because we have designed it to be as easy to
use as any hardware system, plugins are not user-installable on MuseBox. MuseBox is designed to be easy to use for the person
who is not familiar with the world of plugins. The idea is to expose these people to the superior sound quality plugins offer, with the
ease of use that familiar hardware keyboards offer.
Musebox is shipped with a core group of plugins that we have configured and tested to run well together. These cover all categories of sounds-
Organs, Pianos, keyboards, synths, drums, ethnic instruments, etc, as well as quite a number of effects plugins.